Student Wellness

InitiativesGoalMeans of AchievingOutcomeMethods of AssessmentResultsResult Use
EngagementContinue to develop, refine, and teach wellness coaching course with associated experiential coaching experiences.1. Teach course in Fall 2011 2. Advertise peer to peer coaching to general student body at the end of fall beginning of spring 3. Partner with WIM for additional student coaching experiences 4. Hold weekly mentoring sessions with coaches in traning during spring semester 5. Conduct evaluation/ feedback meeting end of the academic year1. HPHP students will increase their knowledge about most relevant coaching theories and techniques. 2. Begin developing coaching skills.1.Weekly Chapter Reading Questions 2. Practice Client Assignment 3. Final Essay Exam 4. Course and Internship EvaluationJanuary 2012/Mid-year Resutls - 16 students participated in the fall wellness coaching course. Final grades were given based on performance around the following: weekly chapter reading questions, practice client assignment, and final essay exam. 81% of students (13) received an A as their final grade. *The other 19% (3) had very poor class attendance. January 2012/Mid-year Review - Based on final grade calculations, 81% of students who participated in the fall wellness coaching course demonstrated knowledge about most relevant coaching theories and techniques and began developing coaching skills. Current structure of course appears to be producing desired learning outcomes. Minor things about course structure may be tweaked based on student evaluation of the course. Experential learning experience associated with course will be evaluated at the end of spring semester.
CultureIncrease Health Center/Student Wellness staff awareness of cultural diversity among students we serve.Training session for staff conducted by Office of Diversity and Unity during the academic year.Staff will increase thier awareness of cultural differences among WSU students served.Enter Methods of AssessmentOn February 1, 2012, Adrienne Gillespie, Coordinator for the Center for Diversity & Unity will present diversity training to the Health Center Staff and learning outcome survey will be administered. Enter Use of Result
EngagementPartner with HPHP to develop and implement a peer lead peer education program. 1. Research Bacchus peer education program 2. Supervise student wellness interns in the development of curriculum 3. Recruit and hire 5-10 HPHP students to participate in peer education training late fall 4. Supervise peer leader and peer educators in developing and implementing at least two programs during Spring semester. 1. HPHP students will increase their knowledge about evidence based peer education techniques 2. Begin developing peer education skills.1.Peer Education Program EvaluationJanuary 2012/Mid-year results: Development of peer education program began in the fall and implementation and evaluation begins in the spring. January 2012/Mid-year results: Development of peer education program began in the fall and implementation and evaluation begins in the spring.